Quail Creek Tennis Club
Board Meeting Minutes,
Monday, November 6, 2017
Call to Order – 2:00 pm by President Mike Wagner
Attendance – Mike Wagner, David Kidwell, Pam Campbell, Jeanine Van Hoorn, Rosie Epler, Ruth Naponick, Dave Winter
Approval of Minutes – October 2, 2017 approved
Monthly Treasurer’s Report (October) – Balance 10/31/17 is $5,257.04
Players – 155
Social – 28
Jeanine will make copies of the May-October, 2017 statement, as well as the statement from 2016-2017 fiscal year.
- Jeanine received from Mike Taylor the $150 reimbursement for the renewal of “Reserve My Court” as well as $560 for nets.
- David purchased 4 bins for depositing tennis balls on the courts. He will buy longer bungee cords for the bins to be attached to the fence.
- Folding chairs for socials have been purchased at a price of $120.
- The committee has been unable to find an organizer for Wednesdays. Mike will discuss this at the general meeting on November 8th.
- Maintenance (David Kidwell) – Gary Jones replaced a score tender on one of the courts. A trash receptacle attached to the net post is missing on either court 4 or 5. David will check on this.
- Communications/PR (Pam Campbell) – Pam sent one mail chimp regarding the upcoming Chili Fest Social and Ruth sent “Save the Date” for the Ladies Luncheon. Mike thanked Ruth for creating and decorating the kiosk. Rick Kimes informed Mike that there was no information on the QCTC website regarding persons to contact. He suggested Board members be listed on the website, as well as new member contacts. Mike will give that information to Rick.
- Rules (Dave Winter) – no report
- Social (Rosie Epler) – Rosie and Ruth met with the Social Committee to clarify the dates and procedures. Dates are November 12 (Chili Fest), February 11, April 27, May 6. The Social Committee is also in charge of providing coffee and goodies for the Club Tournament.
- Sunshine (Ruth Naponick) – Two cards were sent to tennis club members.
- It has been suggested that Wednesday play could be a scramble for A-B players. A committee for this year’s tournament will be formed following the November General Meeting. Mike Wagner will be the Board liaison for this committee.
- A nominating committee will be named following the November General Meeting. David Kidwell will the Board liaison for this committee. Two males are needed for member-at-large positions.
Adjournment: 3:15 pm
Next Board Meeting: 2:00 PM, December 4, 2017, at Mesquite Room, Kino Center
Next General Meeting: 3:00 PM, November 8, 2017, at Ocotillo Room, Kino Center
Respectfully submitted,Pam Campbell, Secretary