Quail Creek Tennis Club
Board Meeting Minutes,
Monday, May 1, 2017
Madera Clubhouse, Crystal Ballroom #3, 2 PM
Call to Order – 2:05 pm by President Mike Wagner
Attendance – Mike Wagner, David Kidwell, Pam Campbell, Jeanine Van Hoorn, Dave Winter, Marilyn Wrucke, Lilly Ransdell
Approval of Minutes – April 3, 2017 approved
Monthly Treasurer’s Report – Balance of $6,549.27
· Players – 154
· Social – 28
· Social (Rosie Epler) Lilly Ransdell and Marilyn Wrucke from the Social Committee asked to clarify rules regarding catering at the QCTC socials. At the April social, many people signed up after the deadline so the committee had to order more food. That involved a raise in the cost and the caterer felt she should be there to serve the food rather than have a buffet line. Questions were raised about having a caterer other than Robson serving food at a social.
· The Social Committee was asked to send the board the list of the dates for the upcoming socials, October through April. The Board told the Social Committee that their point of contact on the Board is Rosie. She is to be kept apprised of their plans.
· The Social Committee requested the purchase of ten folding chairs that will be used for socials. The chairs will be used with the club-owned tables. The board approved the purchase of ten folding chairs.
· Maintenance (Mike Wagner) – Courts 1 and 6 to be resurfaced. This cost was approved and is in the 2017 budget.
· The score tender on court 2 needs to be replaced. David Kidwell will check on this.
· Communications/PR (Pam Campbell) – no report
· Rules (Dave Winter) – no report
· Sunshine (Ruth Naponik) – no report
· Rosie sent an email regarding the purchase of new welcome banners for the courts.
· Jeanine will update the “Board/Committees” page on the website.
· Rosie is the contact for the clothing page on our website. The next time a message is sent to members via mail chimp, Pam will include this information.
· The board discussed the possibility of deleting social memberships and allowing guests/spouses to attend social events without having to be social members. The Tennis Club is financially sound and eliminating social memberships would have a minor financial impact. It is hoped that eliminating social memberships would lead to increased participation in club events.
· There will be no board meetings during the months of June, July and August. Pam will notify Colleen Aldridge.
Adjournment: 3:15 pm
Next Board Meeting: September 11, 2017
Place: Kino Conference Center, Mesquite Room
Pam Campbell, Secretary