Quail Creek Tennis Club
Board Meeting Minutes,
Monday, May 7, 2018
Call to Order – 3:30 pm by President Rosie Epler
Attendance – Rosie Epler, Doug Shumway, Pam Campbell, Ruth Naponick, Don Callen, Randy Kimbrell, Rich Kahn. Guests: Lorene Martin, Holly Crombie
Approval of Minutes - Motion by Ruth, seconded by Doug to approve the April 2, 2018 Board meeting minutes. Motion passed.
Monthly Treasurer’s Report (March) – Balance 4/30/18 is $5665.91
Players – 137
- Club play – Rich presented a proposal for organized play: Thursdays will be mixed doubles. Wednesdays will be men’s doubles (the two existing groups will combine). After much discussion, it was decided to poll all tennis members about changing the day of mixed doubles play. Ruth will send out a survey.
- On-line signup and scheduling – Rich reported that “Reserve My Court” has a component for on-line signup that can be added to our website. He will test it on one group.
- Visiting and hosting other tennis clubs – Rich is in contact with the president of Robson Ranch tennis regarding an interclub event. Don is working with several other clubs. Don has also been in contact with the tennis coach at Sahuarita H.S. to host their tennis team to an event on our courts in February.
- Maintenance (Doug Shumway) – Curt Haug and Doug checked the ball machine and it is working correctly. Doug empties the recycle containers on the court, collecting one garbage bag every two weeks. The fences around the court are still in need of paint. We need quotes (due by July)for repainting courts 3, 4, and 5.
- Communications (Pam Campbell) no report
- Rules (Rich Kahn) – no report
- Social (Ruth Naponick) – The Social Committee spent $2208.73 this past year on QCTC socials (5/1/17 through 4/30/18). Motion by Doug, second by Ruth to increase the Social Committee’s budget to $2500 per year. The socials for the coming year will be a Chili Fest on November 11, the Tennis Ladies’ Luncheon on December 3, a Pizza Social on February 10, food for the March tournament (date to be determined), and the Spring Banquet on April 14. The QCTC Board will ask the Social Committee to consider moving the Spring Banquet to the end of March. The Cinco de Mayo will be held May 5.
- Sunshine (Ruth Naponick) – no report
- Membership/Events (Don Callen) – Don is exploring a fund-raising event that will benefit youth programs in the community.
- Lorene Martin and Holly Crombie expressed their views that organized mixed doubles should remain on Wednesday to enable women golfers to participate.
- Pam will notify Colleen Aldridge that we will not have meetings in June, July, or August.
- Randy and Doug will prepare a scope of work for painting the fences and present to the QCTC Board.
Adjournment: 2:15 PM
Next Board Meeting: 2:00 PM, September 3, 2018, at Kino Center in the Conference Room.
Respectfully submitted,Pam Campbell, Secretary