Quail Creek Tennis Club
Board Meeting Minutes,
Monday, March 6, 2017
Silver Room, 2 PM
Call to Order – 2:00 pm by President Mike Wagner
Attendance – Mike Wagner, Pam Campbell, Rosie Epler, Dave Winter, Ruth Naponick, Dan Flynn, Nancy Larsen
Approval of Minutes – February 6, 2017 approved
Treasurer’s Report – Balance of $8,395.91
· Players – 145
· Social – 28
Tournament Report (Dave Winter)
· The 2017 QCTC Tournament ended Friday March 3rd. The Tournament Committee and the Social Committee are appreciated for their efforts in making the event a success. Dave shared some suggestions for next year – more time between the end of the signups and start of tournament, daily schedule of matches could be spelled out in more detail, make sure grill works, etc.
· Court Cleaning – (Mike Wagner) – We are back on schedule with cleanings.
· Social (Nancy Larsen) – Nancy brought a flyer for this year’s tennis banquet. It will be a dinner/dance at a cost of $25/person. She will put information sheets and signup sheets in the kiosk. Pam Campbell will send out a mail chimp message.
· Maintenance (Mike Wagner) – Court 6 has been locked because one of the net posts has failed. It will be replaced on Wednesday morning.
· Communications/PR (Pam Campbell) – no report
· Rules (Dave Winter) – no report
· Sunshine – no report
· A new play coordinator for Wednesday mixed doubles is needed since Gary Jones is retiring.
· It has been suggested that Robson move the electrical outlet on court 1 from the middle of the court entrance to the side of the entrance. Mike Wagner will contact Mike Taylor about this.
· A discussion was held about the possibility of giving an academic scholarship to a tennis team player from both Sahuarita High School and Walden Grove High School.
· Start time for league play will be 8:00 am beginning Monday, April 10th.
Adjournment: 3:15 pm
Next Board Meeting: April 3, 2017
Place: Silver Room, 2 pm
Pam Campbell, Secretary