Quail Creek Tennis Club
Board Meeting Minutes,
Monday, December 4, 2017
Call to Order – 2:00 pm by President Mike Wagner
Attendance – Mike Wagner, David Kidwell, Pam Campbell, Rosie Epler, Ruth Naponick, Dave Winter (Jeanine Van Hoorn via phone)
Approval of Minutes – October 2, 2017 approved
Monthly Treasurer’s Report (November) – Balance 11/30/17 is $6420.37
Players – 159
- Dave Winter reported that the tennis tournament committee will meet today following the board meeting. Joanna Miller thinks there should be a permanent date for the club tournament. She will suggest the tournament should be held the first week in March.
- David Kidwell (nominating committee) has spoken to several people and has two volunteers – Gary Jones and Doug Shumway. He plans to speak to several more members.
- Maintenance (David Kidwell) – The lids on the recently-purchased bins will not stay closed so David will put screws in the lids. Mike said that Gary Jones recently purchased six new bins; the other bins will be used for recycling materials.
- Communications/PR (Pam Campbell) – 3 messages were sent out via mail chimp: Nov. 6 – notice of General Membership Meeting; Nov. 18 – notice for volunteers for 2018 tournament committee, as well as a notice a minimum that two men are needed to fill board positions, and a reminder that dues are due by January 31st; Nov. 20 – reminder of Ladies’ Holiday Luncheon and the change of start time to 9 AM on Dec. 4th.
- Rules (Dave Winter) – no report
- Social (Rosie Epler) – The Social Committee did a good job today with the .Ladies’ Holiday Luncheon was held at 11:30 this morning.
- Sunshine (Ruth Naponick) – Ruth is redoing the kiosk bulletin boards and will submit a bill to Jeanine.
- Court washing will take place on the second and fourth Thursday afternoons in December. Courts 1,2,6 – second week. Courts 3,4,5 – fourth week.
- Communication about the upcoming tournament, as well as other club events, should be placed in “What’s Happening” and “Quail Creek Crossing”.
- Mike will again look at “My Grove”, a new program that can be used for tennis sign-ups as well as other communications. He will send links for the program to board members for their review.
- Rosie said we should remind members that there is a website for our QCTC logo shirts, jackets, etc.
Adjournment: 3:15 pm
Next Board Meeting: 2:00 PM, January 8, 2018, at Kino Center in the Conference Room.
Respectfully submitted,Pam Campbell, Secretary