Quail Creek Tennis Club
Board Meeting Minutes,
Monday, April 2, 2018
Call to Order – 3:30 pm by President Rosie Epler
Attendance – Rosie Epler, Doug Shumway, Pam Campbell, Ruth Naponick, Don Callen, Randy Kimbrell. Absent: Rich Kahn Guest: Craig Nelson
Approval of Minutes - Motion by Don, seconded by Ruth to approve the March 5, 2018 Board meeting minutes. Motion passed.
Monthly Treasurer’s Report (March) – Balance 3/31/18 is $7769.02
Players – 137
- Tournament Report – Randy reported that many people were unhappy when the date of the tournament was changed after the original announcement. Players at the B level were unhappy because they played fewer games than the A players. Next year’s tournament committee can address these issues.
- Recycle Bins - Doug empties the recycle bins every two weeks. This seems to work well.
- Maintenance (Doug Shumway) – There have been complaints that the ball machine is not working properly. There is no instruction card on the machine so Doug will check on getting a new one. Some of the complaints were due to the wrong I setting on the machine.
- Communications (Pam Campbell) no report
- Rules (Don Callen) – no report
- Social (Ruth Naponick) – Ruth sent a mail chimp message created by the Social Committee regarding the April Social. Rather than a banquet, it will be an array of ‘heavy hors d’oeuvres’ for a mixer in the Madera Crystal Ballroom #3 on Sunday, April 22 from 5:00 – 8:00 PM. The Social Committee needs to Board liaison of their plans, probable costs, etc.
- Sunshine (Ruth Naponick) – no report
- NEW COMMITTEE ADDED: Membership/Events (Don Callen) – Rich has been contacting other tennis groups in the area about get togethers.
- Craig Nelson was in attendance to present to the board that two plaques be made to given to both Chuck Poffenbarger and Buzz Walton for the service and commitment they have given to QCTC for many years. After much discussion, the board decided not to set a precedent by honoring individuals.
- Randy will send Rosie information from the ‘Reserve My Court’ program regarding on-line signups for organized play. Rosie also has information about a signup program called “Signup Genius” that is used by the Pickleball Club ca
- Don will contact the tennis coach at Sahuarita HS about a get together with HS players and QCTC players.
- Gift cards for QCTC volunteers for the past year will be given at the April Social. The following is a list of volunteers: outgoing board members Mike Wagner, Jeanine Van Hoorn, David Kidwell, Dave Winters; social committee members Joy Olson, Marlene Meyer, Marilyn Wrucke, Patsy Koenig, Lilly Ransdell, Valerie Green; organizers Gene Newman, Rosie Epler, Deb Migdalski, Ruth Naponik, Pam Campbell, Jeanine Van Hoorn, Bev Marshall, Chuck Poffenbarger; website manager Rick Kimes; tournament committee Joanna Miller, Carlo Pensyl, John Epler, Joe Knable; court maintenance Curt Haug, Gary Jones, Ted Zickefoose, Ian Meldrum.
Adjournment: Motion by Ruth, seconded by Randy to adjourn at 5:30 pm. Motion passed.
Next Board Meeting: 2:00 PM, May 7, 2018, at Kino Center in the Conference Room. This is subject to change.
Respectfully submitted,Pam Campbell, Secretary